Home » About Us » Kate Reid
Kate qualified as a solicitor in 1995. She has worked at both Hammonds and Lupton Fawcett in Leeds.
Kate holds an LLB honours degree and a post-graduate diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice.
Prior to qualifying as a solicitor Kate worked in travel and as a law lecturer.
The reported cases that Kate has worked on include Antec International v AVS (patent infringement), Antec International v SWC (passing off), Scholes Windows v Magnet (design right infringement), Tyco European Metal Framing v Clewer & others (design right infringement ), 1-800 Flowers (objection to a trade mark application), Bentone v EOGB (trade mark invalidity proceedings).
Kate undertakes a wide range of work in respect of intellectual property and related matters including:
- advising on the existence and extent of intellectual property
- advising on infringements of�intellectual property rights
- intellectual property agreements such as licences and assignments and confidentiality agreements
- intellectual property litigation in the High Court and Court of Appeal
- proceedings in the patent office regarding ownership and entitlement to patents
- prooeedings in the trade marks registry regarding opposition and invalidity of trade marks
- WIPO domain name dispute resolution actions
- due diligence for purchasers and sellers of intellectual property
- distribution, supply and commercial agency agreements
- terms and conditions of trading
- advising on the Commercial Agents Regulations 1993
- litigation in relation to the Commercial Agents Regulations 1993